The node ID in a cluster can range from 1-10, as a cluster can have up to a maximum of 10 nodes.
- MASTER: The primary system in a hot standby/cluster setup. It is responsible for synchronizing and distributing of data within a cluster.
- SLAVE: The standby system in a hot standby/cluster setup which takes over operations if the master fails.
- WORKER: A simple cluster node, responsible for data processing only.
- Device name: The name of the device.
- ACTIVE: The node is fully operational. In case of a hot standby (active-passive) setup, this is the status of the active node.
- READY: The node is fully operational. In case of a hot standby (active-passive) setup, this is the status of the passive node.
- RESERVED: The node has no matching version and is not involved in the process.
- UNLINKED: One ore more interface links are down.
- UP2DATE: An Up2Date is in progress.
- UP2DATE-FAILED: An Up2Date has failed.
- DEAD: The node is not reachable.
- SYNCING: Data synchronization is in progress. This status is displayed when a node connects to a master. The initial synchronizing time is at least 5 minutes. It can, however, be lengthened by all synchronizing-related programs. While a SLAVE is synchronizing and in state SYNCING, there is no graceful takeover, e.g. due to link failure on master node.
- Version: Version number of Sophos UTM Software installed on the system.
- Last status change: The time when the last status change occurred.
Sophos UTM Administration Guide