You can customize Sophos Cloud Optix policies.
For example, you may want to do some of the following:
- Specify which environments the policy applies to (if you have different environments with different compliance needs.)
- Apply the policy only to certain resources or user groups.
- Remediate certain issues automatically.
To customize a policy:
- Go to Compliance > Policies.
- Do one of the following:
- Click Create Custom Policy at the top of the page to create a completely new policy.
- Select an existing policy in Out of the Box Policies and click Customize.
- You can provide a Policy Name as well as Compliance Tag to differentiate the alerts that will be raised for this policy check.
- Use the Select Environments filter if you want to specify the environments to check.
Use Resource Tags if you want to limit the policy’s scope to certain resources (and so limit alerts). Tags are widely used in public cloud environments to logically group resources together: use the same tags here that you use in your environment.
You can configure the tags as a key value pair, as you may have configured them in your environment.
In the list of rules, you can do as follows:
- Choose whether rules are enabled.
- Set the severity level of each rule.
- Click Save.
For more detail about customizing rules for container images, see Container image rules.