Spend Monitor Policies
You can configure policies that alert you to unexpected spend increases and make recommendations to control costs.
The Policies section has the following policies:
- AWS – Spend Monitoring
- AWS – Spend Monitoring Recommendations
- Azure – Spend Monitoring
- Azure – Spend Monitoring Recommendations
- GCP – Spend Monitoring
The spend monitoring policies for AWS, Microsoft Azure, and GCP, include the following rules:
- Ensure that yesterday's total spend isn't more than a set percentage higher than the previous day.
- Ensure that yesterday's total spend isn't more than a set percentage higher than the same day last week.
- Ensure that the total spend in the last 30 days isn't more than a set percentage higher than the previous 30 days.
By default, these rules detect increases of 10%. You can configure this value for each rule.
If any threshold is exceeded, an alert is raised in Sophos Cloud Optix.
The Spend Monitoring Recommendations policies for AWS and Microsoft Azure include a set of rules to help you optimize your cloud spend. As well as Sophos Cloud Optix rules, the recommendations include rules from AWS Trusted Advisor and Microsoft Azure Advisor services.
Spend monitoring policies are turned on by default. You can turn them off in Policies.
To turn off a rule, create a custom policy from an out of the box policy and customize it.