Sophos Switch Firmware
Sophos Switch firmware improvements are offered in the following ways:
|Feature releases |
( expected every 6 months to 1 year)
|Maintenance releases |
(expected every 1-3 months)
| || |
Firmware update entitlements
The Support and Services option for Sophos Switch entitles customers to receive firmware (feature and maintenance releases) updates, advanced RMAs, 24x7 support, and Sophos Central features.
Firmware Version Numbering
Sophos Switch firmware version numbers use the following format:
Feature release version # (Major | Minor) Maintenance Release number
Firmware Support Policy
The following support policy applies to Sophos Switch Firmware:
Maintained Software Releases
Sophos maintains the following two feature release versions (by providing maintenance releases):
- The current feature release version.
- Another feature release version identified by Sophos at its sole discretion and published in its Retirement Calendar. (These are usually slightly older, but well-adopted feature release versions.)
Supported Firmware Releases
- Sophos aims to support the last two maintenance releases of each maintained feature release. Supported maintenance releases are published in the Retirement Calendar.
- Customers can continue to receive support if their support contract is in effect until the End of Life (EoL) of the software version or the product.
- In the rare and unlikely event (for example, a third-party component is no longer supported), if Sophos cannot support one of the last two maintenance releases, public notification will be sent out with the upgrade details.
- If issues on a supported firmware release require a vulnerability or bug fix, customers may need to upgrade to a maintained software release.
- The duration of the supported feature release phase is variable (expected around 24 months) and depends on numerous factors like technology innovation, market changes, and customer demands.
- An EoL notification for the Feature releases is usually sent out to the public 90 days in advance. EoL for the Maintenance releases is published in the Retirement Calendar.