Sophos Firewall Email
To help migrate you from Sophos Firewall Email protection to Sophos Central Email, we’ve created this step by step guide to transition any existing Sophos Firewall policies and configurations to Sophos Central Email. This article will focus on the equivalent settings from the Sophos Firewall only. The document focuses on features for comparisons between the two products and provides similar or equivalent options.
Sophos Central Email benefits
- Cloud-based secure email gateway solution, per-user licensing, and scalable model.
- Detailed documentation for on-premises to cloud email migration.
- Complete feature parity with XG/XGS/SG along with additional cloud-related email features.
- Dedicated investment and sharp focus on cloud email security offerings.
- Centralized threat intelligence for faster response and a single management console are helpful for an integrated security portfolio.
- Synchronized security links Sophos email and endpoint to automatically detect and clean up infected devices.
- Blocks malicious links and email attachments in both pre and post delivery
- Protects against fraudulent emails that impersonate trusted senders
- Prevents outbound data loss
- Integrates with third-party email platforms
Sophos Central Email features
- Inbound/Outbound Message Scanning
- Domain, Group and User level policies
- Admin and User Quarantine
- 24/7 emergency inbox
Malicious Email Filtering
- Anti-spam filters
- Anti-malware filters
- Spear phishing and BEC protection
- Smart Cloud Sandboxing
- Time-of-click URL protection
- Message header anomaly checks
- Inbound SPF, DKIM, and DMARC authentication techniques
- Enforced TLS, S/MIME and Push-based encryption
- Multi-rule DLP policies
- Azure AD Sync
- Microsoft 365, Google workspace Gmail and XDR support
This guide requires Sophos Email and Sophos Firewall v18.5.1 or higher.
- A Public domain
- Access to your domain provider DNS records
- A Sophos Central account (see below for details)
- Access to your Sophos Firewall
- Sophos Email License
- Recommended: Either access to your domains on premise Domain Controller or Azure AD portal access