You can’t undo migration after you’ve started, so it’s important to plan properly.
This document explains how to migrate from an on-premise Sophos Mobile server to the Sophos Mobile product in Sophos Central.
We call this “Migration from Sophos Mobile to Sophos Central.”
We strongly recommend that you do as follows:
- Contact our Professional Services team to see how they can help you migrate successfully.
- Follow the steps in this migration guide.
- Resolve any issues found by the migration assistant.
Before you begin
Before you start migration, you need to know the following restrictions:
- Your Sophos Mobile license in Sophos Central must match the license of the account that you want to migrate. For example, you can’t migrate from a Mobile Advanced license to a Mobile Standard license.
- You can’t migrate to a trial account.
- You can’t migrate if you already added devices to Sophos Mobile in Sophos Central.
- You can’t select the items to migrate. If you want to exclude some devices or policies, delete them before starting the migration.
- You can’t undo migration.
- You can’t resume migration after you canceled it.
- You can’t repeat migration. After you started migration, you can’t migrate the same account again or migrate another account to the same Sophos Central account.