Create a Technical support case
Create a Technical Support case for any product-related issues. If you have problems with and requests for Support Portal, Partner Portal, licensing, and so on, create a Customer/Partner care case instead. See Create a Customer/Partner care case.
Give as much information as you can when you create a case. You can update cases with additional information. You can’t change the information you provide initially. You can find more information on the best way to raise a case in Best Practices when opening a case with Sophos Support.
To create a Technical Support case, do as follows:
- Go to Sophos Support and sign in if you haven’t already done so.
- Click New Technical Support Case.
Enter the information for your issue.
You must enter information in the fields marked *.
Select the Severity for your issue. You must choose an option. Choose from the following:
Option Description Critical Complete loss of mission-critical service with no workaround High Significant loss or degraded service that is business-impacting Medium Minor loss of service or inconvenience. This is the default. Low General questions or advice.
Choose your preferred language team in Preferred Team. You must choose a team.
Choose 24/7 Global Support Team (in English) for cases that need to be worked on after standard business hours in your location or English support team.
- Enter a short description of the issue in Subject. You must enter this information.
- Enter a detailed description of the issue in Description. You must give a description.
Give as much information as you can. You can upload any files associated with the issue after you’ve created your case.
Find the asset associated with the issue in Asset.
- You can search your assets by product description (Intercept X, or XG 230), license number, or serial number. You can also use the asset name, which you can find in your list of assets.
- Select the asset once you've found it.
Selecting the asset populates the form with its associated information, such as the asset's license number.
- You can use Product Category instead.
If you can’t find the asset, you can use the License Number field. Enter your license or serial number.
When you submit your case, the asset linked to the license or serial number is added to the case.
- Choose your product category.
- Amend the Issue Start Date to reflect the date the issue started.
This automatically fills with the date on which you create the case.
- Enter any detection names or URLs.
- If you know how many computers are affected or the operating systems involved, enter that information.
- Click Submit.
- This creates a case. Click the case number in the notification to go to your case.
You’ll receive an email containing your case number.
- If you have a critical issue, contact us with your case number. See How do I manage a critical issue?
- You can now upload any files you want us to investigate. See Submit a file.
If you need to upload large files or samples for us to investigate, use FTP. See Use FTP